How to Get Rid of Tonsil Stones Naturally
Do you regularly have inflamed tonsils? Then you could be developing tonsilloliths. What are tonsils? Tonsils are structures that are located at the back of the throat. There function is to trap disease causing organisms like bacteria that can pass through the throat.
On the other hand tonsil stones also called tonsilloliths are a condition that affects the tonsils. This condition forms when the bacteria and other substances that are trapped at the tonsils harden to form debris that is noticed as a white concentration. Tonsil stones manifest themselves in the following ways:
- Foul smell from the mouth.
- Sore throat.
- Pain in the ears.
- Problems in swallowing
- Vomiting in children.
There are various methods on how to get rid of tonsil stones naturally. Tonsil stones can be gotten rid of through a medical surgery, a process called tonsillectomy. This method is however not advisable because it eliminates the tonsils which play a role in the immune system. Tonsils are made up of tissues that have disease fighting substances called the lymphocytes.
Tonsil stones can be gotten rid of by adopting natural measures that are cheap as compared to other methods like surgery. Below are some ways on how to get rid of tonsil stones naturally.
- Gargle with warm salt water. This will help to flush the stones away after making them soft.
- Take anesthetics like benzocaine. They help to soften and remove the stones.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Oral hygiene like brushing the teeth will help to remove the food particles that will build-up in the tonsils.
- Avoid consumption of sugary food like sweet beverages. These food substances will deposit substances in the tonsils increasing the amount of tonsil stones. Use cotton swap together with water to remove large stones. As you brush your teeth, try to dislodge the stones using the toothbrush.
- Mouth washing. Mouthwash substances like Alkalol will help to remove the food substances that accumulate in the mouth that will cause tonsil stones.
- Water flossing. This refers to spraying the tonsils with water that has been subjected to pressure. The water is directed towards the tonsils region at a good distance to avoid the damage of the tonsil.
- Use of chloraseptic sprays. Chloraseptic sprays soften and remove the tonsils. They also help to suppress the gag reflex.
- Avoid mouth-breathing. Mouth-breathing creates a dry condition in the mouth making it conducive for the bacteria to thrive well.
- The tongue sometimes can be used to remove large stones. The tongue is directed towards the tonsils and then carefully used to dislodge the stones.
- Hard swallowing. Tightening the throat before swallowing will make the libidinous muscles to dislodge the debris that cause tonsil stones.
To conclude, it is important to know that tonsil stones can be caused by either bacteria or a virus. A laboratory test will only diagnose the bacterial cause. A test that is anti-bacterial is assumed to be viral. Viral infections is difficult to be treated and that is why there is a strong advocacy to naturally get rid of this condition. It can either be prevented or gotten rid of naturally. For the case of the bacterial tonsil stones, antibiotics use is an added solution a part from the natural ways.
If you want to get more information from the expert about how to get rid of tonsil stones naturally, please click here.